For its Berlin office and starting at the earliest possible date, the Forum is looking for a student assistant (f/m/d) (10 hours per week, fixed-term contract until max. 31.07.2026) for the research programme re:constitution-Exchange and Analysis on Democracy and the Rule of Law in Europe.
JOB: Student Assistant (m/w/d) for the re:constitution programme
re:constitution deals with questions of democracy, the rule of law and the protection of fundamental rights in Europe. The programme awards fellowships to academics and practitioners, organises events and publishes current analyses. In this way, a European network is created to address questions about the state of the common European constitution, the tension between pluralistic interpretations of democracy and the rule of law, and cooperation within the European Union. re:constitution is a joint programme of the Forum Transregionale Studien and Democracy Reporting International, funded by Stiftung Mercator. Further information: www.reconstitution.eu
The student assistant’s tasks are to support the programme coordination with a focus on:
- Supporting public relations work, especially website and Twitter account management, and various Fellow publication formats;
- Preparation, follow-up and organisation of events (in various interactive face-to-face, hybrid and online formats), in particular the regular Fellow Talks (online);
- Support for the international Fellows & Alumni of the programme;
- Research and proofreading work.
- Student of law or social sciences and interest in the programme's thematic focus;
- Strong organisational skills, experience in project management and/or administration (proven by student employment, internships and/or voluntary work);
- Fluency in German and English (verbal and written);
- Social media skills welcome;
- Competency in handling common office software; knowledge of graphic design programmes (Canva, InDesign or similar) and Typo3 would be an advantage;
- Independent and reliable working method.
In order to be employed, candidates must be enrolled at a university or college. Working conditions and salary are based on the Labour Agreement for Student Employees (Tarifvertrag für studentische Beschäftigte) as of January 1, 2003 (TV Stud II) and on the Minimum Wage Law of the State of Berlin (Landesmindestlohngesetz) in its currently valid version. The Minimum Wage Law of the State of Berlin is currently 13,00€/hour.
The diversity of our society should also be reflected in our institution. Therefore, we invite applications from individuals regardless of their cultural and social background, gender, age, religion, worldviews, disabilities, and sexual orientation.
Please send your application (cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, certificates, including a note on potential weekly working hours) in one PDF file via email to bewerbung(at)trafo-berlin.deuntil Jan 5, 2023. Interviews are expected to take place virtually on 09. and 10.01.2023. Contact person is the programme coordinator Dorit Modersitzki (reconstitution(at)trafo-berlin.de).