The Forum Transregionale Studien (Forum) is a platform for the international cooperation between scholars of different expertise and perspectives on global issues. The Forum provides scope for exchange on questions of science policy, epistemology and ethics, and develops infrastructures and formats that allow transregional research ideas and projects to be tested, implemented and communicated. The Forum is committed to strengthening regional studies and to the principle of non-hierarchical research. It appoints scholars from around the world as fellows and engages in joint research programs and initiatives with partners from universities and research institutions in and outside of Berlin. The Forum is funded by the Berlin Senate Department for Higher Education and Research, Health, Long-Term Care and Gender Equality.
EUME is a multi-disciplinary research program that seeks to rethink key concepts and premises that link and divide Europe and the Middle East historically, politically, culturally, religiously and socially. At its heart is a scholarship program that invites approximately 25 post-doctoral researchers each year for research stays in Berlin.
Student assistant tasks:
- suportting with the EUME podcast, including audio editing
- maintaining the website, the collaborative virtual workspaces and the social media channels of the program
- helping with the preparation and organization of EUME events
- proofreading and editing English-language texts
- supporting the fellow services
- assisting with research, the maintenance of data and the address database
- a student in the social sciences, humanities or regional studies; if possible, with a focus on the Middle East
- initial experience in public relations, ideally knowledge of Typo3, Photoshop, InDesign and audio editing programs (e.g., Audacity, Sound Forge)
- experience with social media
- very good knowledge of English; knowledge of German and Arabic or Turkish is an advantage
- experience with the preparation and organization of academic events
- competency with common office software
- independent and reliable way of working
In order to be employed, candidates must be enrolled as MA or BA students at a university or college. Working conditions and salary are based on the Labor Agreement for Student Employees (Tarifvertrag für studentische Beschäftigte) as of 1 January 2003 (TV Stud II) and on the Minimum Wage Law of the State of Berlin (Landesmindestlohngesetz) in its currently valid version.
Our institution aims to reflect society in its entirety. Therefore, we invite applications from individuals regardless of their cultural and social background, gender, age, religion, worldviews, disabilities and sexual orientation.
Please send your application (cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, certificates) in German or English in one PDF file via email to bewerbung(at)trafo-berlin.de by 31 July 2022. The contact person is Georges Khalil, Managing Director of the Forum and Academic Coordinator of EUME.